Key Contact Program
The Key Contact Program is GPAR’s coordinated grassroots effort to promote high quality contacts with individual legislators on matters of importance to the real estate industry. Key Contacts are the “voice for real estate” with their designated elected official. When a key issue is being considered in committee or on the floor, Key Contact members are mobilized to relay the industry’s position to their legislator. The foundation of this network is the belief that by working together, as a team, REALTORS® can have a profound influence in shaping public policy.
The most important aspect of being a member of the Key Contact Team is having a positive one-on-one personal relationship with a council member or state legislator (Senate or House). This relationship promotes a sense of mutual respect and familiarity.
Aside from maintaining this relationship, Key Contacts are called on to perform other functions as well. This could include any of the following:
• Attending in-district fundraisers for elected officials (either with your own funds or with funding from PHIL-PAC)
• Responding to “Call to Action” alerts when important votes effecting the real estate industry occur
• Visiting your council member in the district or City Hall
• Becoming informed on legislative issues
• Attending occasional training sessions
• Developing REALTOR® support for your legislator
• Volunteering on your legislator’s campaign
• Other activities that further promote a positive relationship
Please fax your completed form to 215-423-0406 or email to Angela Bowie, Director of Government Affairs, at email@example.com.