GPAR helps provide the necessary continuing education and pre-licensing courses required by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission by affiliating with a school operated by the Polley Associates School of Real Estate. For more than 40 years, Polley Associates has been one of the most successful real estate schools in the United States by offering real estate continuing education classes and pre-licensing courses. Polley Associates is certified by the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission. Scheduling options include weekend only classes, daytime classes, or evening classes to meet your schedule.

A person wishing to acquire a Pennsylvania Real Estate License must be at least 18 years of age, have four educational credits in real estate from an approved education provider, submit a criminal background check and have successfully completed the Pennsylvania State Licensing Examination.

Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice are the mandatory courses that must be successfully completed before sitting for the exam. Each course is worth two educational credits. The Real Estate Fundamentals course provides foundational principles, language and knowledge base about the laws that govern the practice of real estate in Pennsylvania. The Real Estate Practice course introduces ethics, techniques, procedures, regulations, and forms involved in a real estate transaction.

After passing the Pennsylvania State Licensing Exam, a sponsoring broker is required for issuance of the salesperson’s license. After passing the exam, the licensee may wait up to three years before activating the license. After three years, the prospective licensee must re-take the exam.

As a salesperson, you will be required to complete 14 hours of continuing education for every two-year renewal period. Usually, Pennsylvania licenses expire May 31 of every even-numbered year. In 2020, the deadline has been extended to August 29th. The Commission emails renewal notices at least two months prior to the license expiration date to the most recent employer address reported to the Commission. For additional information, contact the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission.