Key Contact Program
The Key Contact Program is GPAR’s coordinated grassroots effort to promote high quality contacts with individual legislators on matters of importance to the real estate industry. GPAR members volunteer as Key Contacts serve as the “voice for real estate” with their designated elected official. When a key issue is being considered in committee or on the floor, Key Contacts are mobilized to relay the industry’s position to their legislator. The foundation of this network is the belief that by working together, as a team, REALTORS® can have a profound influence in shaping public policy. All GPAR REALTOR® members are eligible to participate in the Key Contact Program.
The most important aspect of being a member of the Key Contact Program is cultivating a positive one-on-one personal relationship with a council member or state legislator. Our goal is to have multiple Key Contacts for each council member and legislator. Additionally, Key Contacts are called on to perform other functions, including:
- Attending in-district fundraisers for elected officials (either with your own funds or with funding from PHIL-PAC).
- Responding to “Call to Action” alerts when important votes affecting the real estate industry occur.
- Visiting your council member in the district or City Hall.
- Becoming informed on legislative issues.
- Attending occasional training sessions.
- Developing REALTOR® support for your legislator
- Volunteering on your legislator’s campaign
- Other activities that further promote a positive relationship
Please fax your completed form to 215-423-0406 or email to Samar Jha, Director of Government Affairs.